Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Assembly Lines Installation










This past Sunday I returned to Halifax from Charlottetown where I had been installing the bee part of Assembly Lines. This exhibition brought four artist's together to show work that, in it's making, had taking highly personally charged subject matter and put it through a repetitive, assembly line type process that somehow depersonalized it.

I was amazed at how friendly and welcoming the Confederation Centre gallery staff and volunteers were. An extra special thanks has to go out to Betty-Jo McCarville and Erin Arsenault who each welcomed me into their homes for two of the four days I was on the Island.
I can't wait to go back to PEI and visit again!




2 comments:

  1. Woooo, go Ruth. Great job!
    I haven't been over to see your stuff for months. You have so many more bees now.
    Are you going to get some more close-up shots of the bees. Maybe catalog each one? Or make a large poster with each shot side by side in a grid, so you can see the entirety of the project on one sheet allowing you to compare each one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, will you send me a teleportation device, I need to get there!! Looks fabulous, and I want to see more. Many congrats, my dear! xMM

    ReplyDelete